Sunday 29 September 2013

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (No Spoilers)

When I first saw an advertisement on the television for this new series, I must say I was instantly excited and interested in what they were going to do with it. I was not disappointed.

First of all, I'd like to make my opinion known on a subject that I've already seen some negative feed from. The fact that they brought Agent Coulson back honestly did not
bother me in the slightest. I thought it was a clever move on their part to have an already well-established and well-liked character to start with, something that any good spin-off should have anyways. I look forward to seeing how that story line will play out.

My overall impression of the first episode was that I felt satisfied with it. I was pleased with how they started, and was already interested and invested in the various characters by the end of the 45 minutes. A promising start.

The clever and witty dialogue was very enjoyable. Seeing some more of the inner workings of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the day to day stuff that happens after all the supers have headed back to Stark Tower, Asgard, etc. was pleasing to see, as well as quite a few shiny new gadgets for the sci-fi and tech geeks to appreciate.

The one thing which threw me a bit was the few instances where there was stronger language than I had anticipated. This being a television show rather than a movie, they do have a bit more freedom in that area.

All in all, I liked what I saw, and I am definitely going to be watching the upcoming episodes.

No comments: