Sunday 22 September 2013

Guns of Icarus

This review was created by my brother, I asked his permission to share it here.
He also has his own blog with his gaming ideas and projects from his school at VFS (Vancouver Film School) here. 
Firmus

Please enjoy, and as usual; thanks for reading. 

   I just started playing the Guns of Icarus online, and I must say that it is probably one of the best team based games I have played yet. I must admit that I have not played many team games, but the ones that I have played made me feel like my team was just multiple people wanting the same thing and running around on their own, or in pairs to get it done rather than being one unit. in this game teems consist of two or more dirigibles, and each one has 4 people on it. Unlike other games, a single person does not carry the whole team, but all of the players must work in unison to get the job done. Each person is crucial, there is the Pilot: who steers the dirigible in and out of combat, the Gunner: who mans the different guns on the dirigible, and the Mechanics: who run around fixing the ship, and who man the guns when needed. Each job on the dirigible is fun too; I have just as much fun being a mechanic, and flying or shooting.

*in short, Guns of Icarus is a great game.

No comments: