Wednesday 2 April 2014

Divergent on the Big Screen


          Like some of you know I have read the Divergent trilogy, so was excited to see the movie the other day with my sister and our friend (you all know as Goldberry). Although, a little on the doubting side we plunged in with our hopes up.
     Now, in an entertaining sense the movie was enjoyable. It was fun to see the world we had been imagining in front of our eyes. The outfit design I thought was great, and accurate to how I imagined them, the scenery was well done, and in some cases beautiful, and the action was not disappointing.
     However, the people picked for the parts did not really fit to our liking, we had suspected that might be the case, and found it true. No one fit how I pictured them, or how they were described in Veronica Roth's books. The actors for Peter, Will, and Albert were hard to tell apart, and we struggled to figure out who was who.
     It also occurred to me that we would not have understood half of what was going on if we had not read the book before hand, a lot of important scenes or information was left out. So the movie was defiantly made for the book fans.
   
*****On a side note. The fighting style they used in the movie was something I had never seen before. The way they held their arms in defense seemed strange to me-and I was once in Karate and Kickboxing-I was instantly curious to know what style they were using.

     So over all I thought the movie entertaining, not the best adapted movie I have seen, but something I could enjoy since I had read the books.

          There was no cussing, vulgar language that I could recall, and only that one expected kissing scene (They all need ones of those, right). The only thing they had a lot of near the end especially was killing and deaths, not that they showed much of it, off the screen shots and things like that. Maybe not children friendly, but I do not personally know many children who would be interested any ways.

     Doing a quick Google search there is no doubt in any ones mind that the second book, Insurgent, will be turned into a motion picture adventure as well, being released in 2015. So fans do not have to wait long, and keep on enjoying the world of Divergent.


Be brave, be selfless, be peaceful, be intelligent, be honest.
Thanks for reading.




No comments: